Saturday, September 21, 2013

1

Diabolik Lovers - 1

Posted in
The first thing I noticed about this anime is that it's half the time of normal animes. Like 21 minutes was enough, this is even shorter.

This anime is based off a visual novel, where the girl character (you) pursuits the guy. I've noticed that they've been making otome games into animes lately, and I thought this would be exactly the same as Amnesia or Brothers Conflict. Luckily for me, I was terribly wrong.

This anime is about a girl named Komori Yui. I'm not entirely sure why, but she was sent by her father to go live in a large mansion-looking thing. It has the reputation of being known as a haunted house, and it definitely is quite threatening from the outside. She meets the six brothers that reside in the house, but they are not exactly what they seem...


Meet our heroine
This is the house we'll be staying at




At first, I thought that the gloomy, dark atmosphere of this anime was just for a more sexy vampire type of thing going on. But apparently, it really is quite a dark anime, and very interesting.

Yui starts with knocking on the door once it starts to rain. The first creepy thing happening today is that the door seemingly opens by itself, even though there's no one there. Soon, she finds a 'dead' body.


Meet one of the brothers. He didn't seem to have a pulse or a heartbeat, and he felt cold. But, he wakes up and is pretty pissed off that Yui disturbed his sleep. This is the first part where we are figuring out what the brothers truly are.



Luckily, before she gets all her blood sucked up, we meet another one of the brothers. Immediately, I thought he was going to be the nice one, and the brother above was just the mean one. This megane definitely reminded me of Ukyo (Brothers Conflict) and I thought they were going to be very alike. But oh boy, was I wrong.


Then we move into a living room sort of thing and meet all the six brothers. (who are extremely attractive, I must add)

Shuu Sakamaki, the first and eldest son (my favourite)
 
Reiji Sakamaki, the second son

Ayato Sakamaki, the third son

Kanato Sakamaki, the fourth son

Raito Sakamaki, the fifth son

Subaru Sakamaki, the sixth son

Apparently, none of them except Shuu knew that she was going to be here. In overall, Ayato, Kanato and Raito are obsessed with wanting a taste of her. (If you haven't figured out by now, they're in fact, vampires) Raito calls her Bitch-chan for some odd reason. Subaru seems completely and absolutely annoyed with the fact that she's here.

Yui seems pretty religious, talking about God out of nowhere and wearing the cross around her neck. Her father is a priest, after all. 

Soon enough, she figures out what they are and she tries to make a run for it. Ayato breaks her phone and it starts a whole chase scene where she's running about the mansion trying to find her way out. Very creepy. I love it. 

Soon, she finds herself in a room where she discovers her father's diary. And she's so confused about everything, blah blah blah. Reiji also shows his bad side, saying that she has nowhere to go and they all really want to keep her in the mansion and probably torture her. The episode ends with Ayato about to sink his fangs into her neck.

I think that this anime is going to be awesome! I have a thing for creepy stuff, but not scary things, so this is pretty much perfect for me. I just hope that the heroine won't be so absolutely stupid like most are. That's all for this episode, can't wait for the next one!

(How was this for a first blog post?)


1 comment:

  1. Must've been a big disappointment to see she's 'absolutely stupid'. HAHAHAHA Oh how I hate her.

    ReplyDelete